Did you know Superfoods are also wonderful for pets?
They are nutrient-dense, easy to digest and promote well-being. A natural fit for carnivorous dogs is bone broth, the slow simmering of the bones makes the nutrients readily available for your pet. Inflammation is the key driver of most disease and turmeric is one of the best natural anti-inflammatories either nature or medicine has to offer.
Bone Broth contains many nutrients including amino acids, collagen, gelatin, trace minerals and glucosamine sulfate. Bone broth can be used to fill in gaps in your pet’s diet and help them deal with common health challenges, like joint aches, dehydration, diarrhea, upset stomach and allergies.
If your dog is exposed to viruses or bacteria, acute inflammation will release white blood cells to the body tissues and start the healing process, this is how the body is supposed to work. But chronic inflammation that lasts for weeks, months and even years results in degenerative and inflammatory health issues in your dog. Turmeric is a safe and effective way to treat your dogs.
Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin which has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, wound healing and anticancer activities. It can help fight diseases like arthritis, diabetes, cancer, liver disease and gastrointestinal issues.
Lucy’s Superfood (Dog) Biscuits
1 TSP Prairie Naturals Fermented & Organic Turmeric Powder
2 ½ Cups Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour or Oat Flour
1 TSP Baking Powder
1 Cup Organic No Sugar Peanut Butter
1 Cup Warm Water
1 Scoop Prairie Naturals Organic Chicken or Beef Bone Broth Protein Powder
2 TBS Organic Honey
1 Large Egg
1) In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and egg. Mix together until blended.
2) Mix together warm water and Bone Broth until dissolved.
3) Add to large bowl mixture, peanut butter, water/Bone Broth mixture and honey.
4) Stir until dough is stiff. You may need to use your hands!
5) Roll out dough on floured surface.
6) Cut dough with cookie cutters of your choice.
7) Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350°F oven.
8) Cool on wire rack.
* Note: Store in air tight container to freeze.
Roxy’s Homemade (Dog) Pupsicles
3 Scoops Prairie Naturals Organic Chicken Bone Broth Protein Powder
6 Cups Water
Half Can Pure Organic Pumpkin
1) Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
2) Pour mixture into dog treat silicone molds.
3) Freeze overnight.
Bell’s Turmeric Butter for Dogs
½ Cup Prairie Naturals Fermented & Organic Turmeric Powder
2 Cups Warm Water
½ Cup Extra Warm Water (if needed)
1 ½ TSP Freshly Ground Black Pepper
70ml Cold Pressed Olive or Coconut Oil
1) Mix all ingredients into a smooth paste.
2) Mix twice daily into your dogs’ food.
*Note: Begin with ¼ TSP to ½ TSP for smaller dogs, slowly increasing up to 1TBS for larger dogs. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.